May 19, 2024  
2023-2024 University of Wyoming Catalog 
2023-2024 University of Wyoming Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources

Helga Otto Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources

John Koprowski, Dean
Bim Kendall House, 804 E. Fremont St.

Phone: (307) 766-5080 FAX: (307) 766-5099
Web site:

Degrees Offered

The Haub School offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, concurrent majors and minors, certificates, and a graduate degree in partnership with the College of Law:

Bachelor of Science in Environmental Systems Science (for baccalaureate students)

Bachelor of Science in Environment & Natural Resources (for baccalaureate students, required concurrent major)

Environment & Natural Resources concurrent major (for baccalaureate or master’s students earning a degree from UW)

Bachelor of Science in Outdoor Recreation & Tourism Management (for baccalaureate students)

Environment & Natural Resources minor (for baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral students)

Sustainability minor (for baccalaureate students)

Outdoor Leadership minor (for baccalaureate students)

Master of Science in Environment, Natural Resources & Society (for master’s students)

Master of Arts in Environment & Natural Resources (J.D./M.A. for law students only)

Collaborative Practice minor (for master’s and doctoral students)

Program Admission

Undergraduate students will apply for admission to the University of Wyoming, and then declare a major or minor within the Haub School at any point during their course of study. To declare a major or minor, students must meet with a Haub School academic advisor.

Graduate students interested in the concurrent major or minor in Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) will apply for admission to a primary degree program at the University of Wyoming. Once accepted to their primary graduate program, students must complete an additional online process to confirm their enrollment in the ENR major or minor. A one-page Statement of Purpose is required to apply. Visit the Haub School website at for details.

Applicants to the M.S. in Environment, Natural Resources & Society must apply to the University of Wyoming. Applications for graduate assistantships should be directed to the Haub School.  Current application requirements are available online.

Applicants to the J.D./M.A. in ENR must apply to both the College of Law and the Haub School. Admission to the joint degree program is contingent on acceptance to the College of Law. Current application requirements are available online.

More information, including complete curricula for each academic offering, is available from the Haub School.

Haub School Requirements for Undergraduate Programs

All students declared in undergraduate Haub School programs, including majors and minors, must earn a C or better in all Haub School program requirements. Students enrolled in multiple Haub School programs must earn 12 credits unique to each program.

Undergraduate students earning a B.S. in Environmental Systems Science, a B.S. in Outdoor Recreation & Tourism Management, and/or a B.S. in Environment & Natural Resources (plus a concurrent major in another field) must also fulfill the additional following Haub School Requirements:

  • Complete two courses (totaling a minimum of 6 credit hours), one to meet the U.S. Diversity (ASD) requirement and one to meet the Global Awareness (ASG) requirement. Courses approved to meet these requirements are searchable within WyoRecords under the Browse Classes feature.

  • Meet all University of Wyoming requirements for earning a bachelor’s degree, including, but not limited to, completion of University Studies Program (USP) requirements and maintaining a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA for good academic standing and graduation.




      Environment and Natural ResourcesEnvironmental System SciencesOutdoor Recreation and Tourism ManagementPage: 1 | 2