The BSN Completion - ReNEW (Revolutionizing Nursing Education in Wyoming) option is Wyoming’s shared BSN nursing curriculum. Entry into the ReNEW option begins at a participating Wyoming community college ADN nursing program.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
At completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, graduates will be able to meet the end of program student learning outcomes:
- Minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- Advance nursing practice related to patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.
- Achieve optimal individual, family, group, community, and population outcomes guided by clinical reasoning and appraisal of evidence of best practice.
- Demonstrate effective leadership through heightened self-awareness to empower others in the attainment of optimal patient outcomes.
- Use mutually respectful communication, collaboration, and leadership skills within interprofessional teams in the management of care in diverse, complex, global, and dynamic healthcare systems.
- Participate as a nursing professional in the development and implementation of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory entities, including local, state, national, and global healthcare trends.
- Provide patient-centered care by reflecting on the uniqueness of an individual patient’s background, personal preferences, culture, values, traditions, and family, which promotes optimal health outcomes by involving patients and families as they make clinical care decisions.
- Demonstrate respectful, efficient, safe, and well-coordinated transitions of the patient through all levels of care.
- Provide respectful, efficient, safe and well-coordinated patient-centered care to populations by reflecting on beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices.
- Model professionalism with consistent demonstration of core values evidenced by nurses working with others to achieve optimal health and wellness outcomes in patients, families, and populations by wisely applying principles of altruism, excellence, caring, ethics, respect, communication, professional engagement, lifelong learning, and accountability.
- Encourage evidence-based health promotion and make a positive contribution to immediate and long-term health status, through the provision of education to individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations that encourages healthy behaviors and choices, prevention of disease, protection from preventable illness and disastrous emergencies.
Students who apply to UW and meet university requirements are admitted to the university in the pre-nursing component of ReNEW BSN (declared PNRN). Criteria for UW admission can be found on the nursing website: www.uwyo.edu/nursing (click on Nursing Programs, BSN, BSN Completion, Wyoming’s ReNEW).
University and College of Health Sciences policies governing scholastic requirements (e.g. major changes, probation and dismissal) apply to students enrolled in the School of Nursing. In addition to university/college requirements, the School of Nursing has further scholastic requirements for BSN Completion. These requirements can be found on the nursing website: www.uwyo.edu/nursing (click on Nursing Programs, BSN, BSN Completion, Wyoming’s ReNEW or RN-BSN, BSN Completion Student Handbook - section 6, Scholastic Requirements).
The minimum UW requirement to graduate with a BSN in 120 semester hours of credit. Evaluation of transfer courses is required to determine credit eligibility.
The required courses, PHCY3450 - Foundational Pathophysiology , and PHCY4470 - Fundamentals of Pharmacology, must be upper division (3000/4000 level). Lower division/Community College (1000/2000 level) courses do not satisfy this requirement. Transfer courses must be reviewed for acceptability.
Program of Study
A detailed Program of Study for ReNEW ADN Entry can be found on the nursing website: www.uwyo.edu/nursing (click on Nursing Programs, BSN, BSN Completion, Wyoming’s ReNEW, Program of Study for ReNEW ADN Entry). All required courses identified under Related Coursework and Nursing Courses must be passed with a C or better (or S).